Tuesday, June 5, 2012

X-Men 3: The Last Stand (Alone in my room)

Definitely the worst in the series. Was still a good movie overall (it's hard to make a bad X-Men movie) but it was full of pointless plot holes and confusion. First of all, how the hell was Xavier walking in the beginning? We all know that he lost his ability to walk in "First Class", which was decades before this. Second of all, the new mutants in this movie are underwhelming. Juggernaut is pretty cool, but he didn't get enough screen time, and was unmemorable.

Pyro made a cool appearance; I really like how his character has progressed. As for the deaths in this movie, rather pointless if you ask me. Jean should have stayed dead from part 2. I like how she has a Phoenix form that can't be stopped, but killing Cyclops was pointless. It wasn't even memorable. I think everyone fully expected him to come back at some point, but he didn't. As for Xavier dying, it was touching and both sad. A great character dying the way he did was heart-breaking. Even Magneto was sad. \

Now onto the story. The concept is cool (of a drug to save mutants), but the execution was poor. I hate that Mystique became a human, and Magneto just forgot about her, JUST for her to tell the government where they were. Seriously? lol.

Other than that, this is probably the weakest in the series. Still a good movie though. The ending is also just confusing.

7.5/10








No comments:

Post a Comment